The Refugee Law Lab is seeking a part-time Osgoode JD research assistant with an interest in refugee law. The successful candidate will assist the Lab by:
(a) Participating in brainstorming and planning meetings
(b) Assisting with preparing grant applications and manuscripts, including preparing research memoranda and copy editing
(c) Helping with legal data collection / data cleaning for Lab projects, including for the Refugee Law Lab Reporter
The position is open to JD students at Osgoode Hall Law School who have completed the Refugee Law course (or who have equivalent experience).
Supervisor: Sean Rehaag (RLL Director)
Time: up to 10 hours per week hours per week for the Fall Term (hours are flexible and we can accommodate periods where the candidate is not available), with the possibility of additional work in the Winter term.
Pay: $25/hr (inclusive of vacation pay)
Eligibility: Must be a current Osgoode JD student
Mandatory qualifications :
• Strong legal research and writing skills
• Attention to detail
• Demonstrated interest in immigration/refugee law
• Successful completion of Refugee Law (or equivalent experience through clinical programs / employment)
Qualities that are assets but are not required:
• French language skills are an asset
• Experience with law journal editing is an asset
• Lived experience with forced migration and/or being a member of an equity seeking group are assets
Application Deadline: Sept 12 at 5:00 pm EST
Application Process: Apply online with a CV, electronic copy of unofficial transcripts, and a brief cover note describing your interest in the position.