The Refugee Law Laboratory (RLL) is looking to hire a summer Osgoode JD research assistant with an interest in refugee law. The successful candidate will assist the Lab with several ongoing projects, including law journal articles about Canada’s refugee determination system and about artificial intelligence and other new technologies in the migration law context. This position is only open to Osgoode Hall Law School students.
Supervisors: Sean Rehaag (RLL Director) & Petra Molnar (RLL Associate Director)
Time: approximately 35 hours per week for 15 weeks, May 2 to Aug 12 (dates flexible)
Location: If Covid restrictions allow in person research, then work will be hybrid in-person and remote (York University campus 3-5 days per week, Remote 0-2 days per week). If Covid restrictions do not allow in person research, then work will be remote.
Pay: $25/hr (inclusive of vacation pay)
Eligibility: Must be a current 1L/2L JD student at Osgoode Hall Law School
• Preparing legal research memoranda
• Copy-editing manuscripts, grant applications, and online materials
• Assisting with online events
• Other tasks as required
Mandatory qualities sought:
• Strong legal research and writing skills
• Attention to detail
• Interest in immigration/refugee law
Qualities that are assets but are not required:
• Ability to read in French
• Background in data science, statistics, computer science, or related disciplines
• Lived experience with migration or membership in other equity-seeking groups
Application Deadline: Feb 1 at 5:00 pm EST
Application Process: Apply online with a CV, unofficial transcripts, and a cover note describing your interest in the position.